Working with Content¶
Content in Manifesto is managed on a per-module basis, so knowing where to find your content is the first step in managing it.
When you login to the Editor Console, the first view you see has been configured by a site adminsitrator to be the most commonly-updated content for your site. This may be the Template Pages module, or it may be a Product listing for your ecommerce store. It all depends on how your website has been tailored to your specific usage needs.
The Editor Console is bascially organized by Module (with some exceptions), and follows the general format of:
- Landing Page listing all content
- Editing Page for editing individual content items
- Editor Display Page for previewing the content
- Occasionally a “Content Options” page, allowing you to tweak your content
Each module is also capable of managing its own module preferences, which are configurable settings like
- Number of items to display per page
- Default category for new content
- Selecting variations in output format
Any of these preferences that have been designated “Editor-accessible” are available from the special Module Options link that appears in the upper-right corner of each module landing page in the Editor Console. The landing page Title and module Introduction text may also be edited there.
Below are a series of introductions and guides to the various modules used for managing content on your site.
- Event Calendar
- HTML Rotator
- Shopping Cart
- Template Pages